This outstanding complex contains 16,000 square feet of interactive exhibition space tracing the history and worldwide impact of the blues, a 100-seat theater, a calendar of public programming, a record-your-original-blues-riff interactive element and traveling exhibits. Tickets to frequent live performances available at 314.925.0016 ext. 403 or at the museum box office.
Highlights and Tips:
- Don't skip the introductory film narrated by Morgan Freeman. It sets the stage nicely.
- Very early on you'll encounter an interactive station that helps you compose an original blues song. Go ahead and sign in so you can email the song to yourself when you're done.
- Be sure to check out the amazing collection of harmonicas assembled by John Popper of Blues Traveler.
- There's an opportunity to accompany your song on a variety of jug band instruments. Take it.
- Spend some time mixing your song in the booth masterminded by Jack White.