Retail finds beyond the malls
A city of neighborhoods, we locals like to call it: whether you’re looking for home accessories or haute fashion, boutiques in these areas will fill your shopping bags with great stuff.
Central West End
- Trust us: you need the savvy shopper support provided by The Silver Lady. Sterling silver jewelry and cool gemstones, conversation-starting pieces all.
- Looking for a new chess set? Or just a one-of-a-kind hostess gift…or birthday present for your school-age nephew? Q Boutique, at the World Chess Hall of Fame, has you covered.
- Lusso offers an exquisitely curated assemblage of clothing, accessories, home goods and gifty touches, with expert customer service to boot.
- Got a furbaby waiting by the front door? Pick up a posh pet present at Lola and Penelope’s.
- A browse through the racks at World News will yield all your favorite periodicals, newspapers from cities around the country, and sundries from postcards to Tums.
- Find functional art and craft, including work by local artisans, in the fantastic gift shop at Craft Alliance: ceramics and jewelry make great gifts for those back home.
- Subterranean Books carries the latest and greatest in the printed word, with a staff well-versed in recommendations.
- The tiny Fleur de Lou (under the awning of the adjacent Tivoli movie theater) merges a full-service florist with some unique and quirky St. Louis souvenirs.