The EMP Museum is now MoPOP Museum of Popular Culture!
This epic museum focuses on music, science fiction and all things pop culture. Current exhibits include "Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame," "Hendrix: Wild Blue Angel" and "Fantasy: Worlds of Myth and Magic." Open daily 10 am-5 pm.
Highlights and Tips:
- Sports lovers should visit the "We Are 12" exhibit, where you can see the Seahawks Vince Lombardi trophy from the 2014 Super Bowl win.
- Compare your hands and feet to the hand- and foot-prints of the NFL pros in the exhibit.
- Visit "Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses" to see Kurt Cobain's green striped sweater from the iconic "Smells Like Teen Spirit" music video.
- Nirvana's Sub Pop contract is also on view.
- For movie buffs, the "Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction" exhibit has Luke Skywalker's light saber from "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope," the T-1000 special effects hand from "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and hoverboards from the "Back to the Future" movies amoung other movie props.