The EMP Museum is now MoPOP Museum of Pop Culture. (©joyfuldesigns/Shutterstock)
The EMP Museum is now MoPOP Museum of Popular Culture!
This epic museum focuses on music, science fiction and all things pop culture. Current exhibits include NIRVANA: Taking Punk to the Masses, Wild Blue Angel: Hendrix Abroad, 1966-1970, Fantasy: Worlds of Myth and Magic, Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction, Indie Game Revolution and Can't Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film. Open daily 10 am-5 pm, until 7 pm during summer.
Highlights and Tips:
- Sports lovers should visit the "We Are 12" exhibit, where you can see the Seahawks Vince Lombardi trophy from the 2014 Super Bowl win.
- Compare your hands and feet to the hand- and foot-prints of the NFL pros in the exhibit.
- Visit "Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses" to see Kurt Cobain's green striped sweater from the iconic "Smells Like Teen Spirit" music video.
- Nirvana's Sub Pop contract is also on view.
- For movie buffs, the "Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction" exhibit has Luke Skywalker's light saber from "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope," the T-1000 special effects hand from "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and hoverboards from the "Back to the Future" movies amoung other movie props.