This month, the luxurious Four Seasons opened its doors in Walt Disney World in Orlando. From its stunning views to its amazing food and renowned service, there are many reasons to love the Four Seasons. Here are our top eight:
1. The Luxury: The Four Seasons Orlando hopes to become the area's first AAA five-diamond resort. The 443-room resort includes 68 suites, featuring an amazing nine-room, top-floor Royal Suite. Each bathroom features a deep, soaking tub, terry-cloth robes, a separate oversized glass-walled shower, an in-mirror television (guys) and a light-up makeup mirror (girls).
2. The Views: Each of the rooms has a wide, furnished terrace to enjoy views across 26 acres of lushly landscaped grounds, including gardens, a lake and the resort's golf course. Many rooms also offer unobstructed views of the nightly fireworks at Magic Kingdom, creating a special opportunity for a family picnic or romantic dinner. The resort's steakhouse, Capa's 17th floor location also showcases the nightly fireworks.
3. The Spa: With 18 treatment rooms plus a full-service hair and nail salon, The Spa at Four Seasons offers something for everyone. An experience shower features nine body-spray massagers, four overhead misters, an LED light system, an audio system, aroma injection system and even a “tropical rain,” and “island storm” setting with sounds of thunder and flashing lightning. (Wow!) Exclusive body treatments include the La Floridian massage, steam wrap and Jasmine scalp treatment; the Sticks & Stones massage; and the Fire & Ice facial. Little ones can enjoy Magical Moment makeovers with the girls getting a fanciful face painting, painted nails, sparkly accessories and a princess ensemble, and boys getting hair cuts and a sword and shield with the Shining Knight package. Guests can also customize their own scent at the Aroma Design Bar.
4. It's Kid-Friendly: Explorer Island is a massive 7,590-square-foot family pool area with beach volleyball, outdoor movie nights, a lazy river and an expansive Splash Zone with dozens of choreographed water jets, a climbing wall and waterslides. The fully-supervised Kids for All Seasons program is a complimentary camp for younger guests ages 4 to 12. Disney character breakfasts are offered on Thursdays and Saturdays at Ravello. Babysitting services are also available. (Don't worry, couples, there's a separate pool for you.)
5. The Golf: In September, the resort will open its Tom Fazio-designed golf course, Tranquilo Golf Club. Much of Tranquilo’s acreage is bordered by preserved natural wetlands and is a certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary. Rolling fairways, large, undulating greens and a lush setting of woodlands and lakes combine for a calming experience.
6. The Food: Capa and Ravello are run by the amazing Italian chef Fabrizio Schenardi. Try the wild-mushroom, veal and ricotta-stuffed ravioli while sipping a glass of the Four Seasons-own signature Cabernet. For something a little more low-key, PB+G on Explorer Island is a casual restaurant on a dock overlooking the lake and pools with Southern craft beers and barbecue dishes cleverly served.
7. The Coffee. Scoot over, Starbucks. You've never tasted coffee this good. Inside the Lickety-Split gourmet coffee shop, guests can order an iced coffee that's been dripping for eight hours or get a freshly made, French-pressed cup of joe along with a house-made pastry. It's the perfect way to start the day or for a post-Disney pick-me-up.
8. The Service. The resort has its own Disney Planning Center, where guests can organize their entire Disney experience and meet one-on-one with a Disney Cast Member to help purchase tickets and make dining reservations. Families can catch a ride to Disney in one of the resort's luxury motorcoaches which leaves every 30 minutes. The staff also adds extra touches to make stays even more special. Your daughter, for instance, can receive a letter from the Fairy Godmother, a tiara and a magic wand delivered straight to the room. She can be a real-life Cinderella.