Yorkville is a place that’s constantly changing. Its Upper East Side location makes it the perfect spot for new businesses to set up shop and welcome visitors inside. It doesn’t hold the frills that the rest of the city has, making it feel more down-to-earth. The quiet atmosphere and intimate settings will transport you to a place that feels far away from New York City. Take a visit to this quiet neighborhood and see what it has in store for you!
Yorkville was once home to many residents of German and East European descent. While the cultures remain, many others have moved in as well. This blend allowed a variety of food options to pop up on its streets, so you’ll be treated to meals from all across Europe. Whether you’re looking for classic comfort food or a large plate, Yorkville will have you covered. You can find American food at Chez Nick, Italian at Nica Trattoria or German at Heidelberg Restaurant.
- Chez Nick, 1737 York Ave., 646.429.3310
- Nica Trattoria, 354 E. 84th St. & First Ave., 212.472.5040
- Heidelberg Restaurant, 1648 Second Ave., 212.628.2332
Yorkville’s stores are also included in the cozy environment of the neighborhood. Many of them are small and hold local, used goods rather than flashy name brands. Thrift stores are a popular sight to see in the community, so you’re sure to find a hidden gem hiding among its racks. You’ll never truly leave Yorkville once you buy something from their shops because you’ll feel like you’re taking a little piece of it with you.
- Housing Works Thrift Shop - Yorkville, 1730 Second Ave., 212.722.8306
- Unique Boutique, 1634 Third Ave., 212.828.8900
- Mister Wright Fine Wine and Spirits, 1593 Third Ave., 212.722.4564
The fun doesn’t stop at the restaurants. Yorkville’s bars will treat you like family as well! Many of them have a small, cozy atmosphere, so you’ll find the right place for you the moment you step inside. The intimacy is paired with specialty drinks that rotate with the seasons, allowing you to try something new with each visit. Whether it’s through the drinks or the events going on inside, you’ll discover your new favorite bar in Yorkville.
- The Five Lamps, 1586 York Ave., 646.684.4022
- The Painted Lady Saloon, 1825 Second Ave., 646.368.1682
- Dylan Murphy’s, 1453 Third Ave., 212.988.9434
Yorkville has plenty of history tied to it, making it an excellent location for beginnings. Many of its residents have gone on to great things, and you’ll be able to visit places where they once stood! Here, you can find the home of a famous New York City native, or you can see areas where more prominent names began their careers. If that seems intimidating, don’t worry. Yorkville always makes sure you’re welcome and enjoying your day wherever you go.
- Comic Strip Live, 1568 Second Ave., 212.861.9386
- Carl Schurz Park, E. 86th St. & E. End Ave., 212.459.4455
- Gracie Mansion, E. 88th St. & E. End Ave., 212.676.3060