DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) offers spectacular views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Lower Manhattan skyline. Here are a few not-to-miss places on your visit to this fun neighborhood.
You’ll find new high-end restaurants and food halls alongside century-old river barges and retired factories.
- Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, 55 Water St., 718.473.9555
- Cecconi’s, 55 Water St., 718.650.3900
- Vinegar Hill House, 72 Hudson Ave., 718.522.1018
DUMBO’s well-preserved warehouses and cobblestoned streets serve as a backdrop for a luxury shopping complex (Empire Stores), a vintage clothing and antiques outpost (Front General Store) and a children’s boutique (Two Kids and a Dog).
- Empire Stores, 53-83 Water St., 718.858.8555
- Front General Store, 143 Front St., 646.573.0123
- Two Kids and a Dog, 65 Pearl St., 646.342.4549
DUMBO is full of hot spots where crowds come “to see and be seen.” The Binc offers full menus with creative, satisfying cocktails. There’s no shortage of Brooklyn brews (Randolph Beer), and vino enthusiasts will nd impressive wine lists at Olympia Wine Bar.
- The Binc, 60 Henry St., 718.624.1444
- Randolph Beer, 82 Prospect St., 646.383.3623
- Olympia Wine Bar, 54 Jay St., 718.624.7900
There are some exciting tours (A Slice of Brooklyn) that remove the guesswork by curating the best of the borough. The formerly industrial area boasts a waterfront park at the end of the Brooklyn Bridge, along with a historic carousel (Jane’s Carousel).