Bordered by Sahara, Decatur, Warm Springs and Hualapai, Spring Valley has some of the best seafood in town alongside great local boutiques for browsing and thrifting, along with essential green spaces and family-friendly fun. If you don't already live in the area, you might be tempted to relocate after spending a day exploring everything it has to offer.
Not one but two of the best seafood restaurants in town are but a block away from one another, with Legends Oyster Bar on Desert Inn and Other Mama around the corner on Durango. Both more than live up to the hype, with fresh-shucked oysters and Asian-influenced flavors, with Other Mama trending more towards sushi and sashimi while Legends goes for seafood boils and Cajun staples. House of Dutch Pot brings island flavors and heat with a Jamaican menu of tropical classics. Pick your heat level on the jerk chicken, add on the mac and cheese and kick back with a ginger beer for a great lunch or dinner. Bomb Tacos takes its name seriously, with nearly 20 protein choices, including vegan options, all but guaranteed to delight your tastebuds. If you go by when the grilled octopus tacos are available, these are a must!
- Legends Oyster Bar, 3220 S. Durango Dr., 702.476.8887
- Other Mama, 3655 S. Durango Dr., #6, 702.463.8382
- House of Dutch Pot, 4255 S. Durango Dr., 702.485.3500
- Bomb Tacos, 3655 S. Durango Dr., #27, 702.262.0141
Spring Valley has breweries, local watering holes and gastropubs, the whole gamut of bar types to fit whatever you're wanting or to do a crawl and try them all. Scenic Brewing Company features 18 local craft beers on tap, including five signature SBC beers brewed on-site, complemented by a globally inspired menu. 595 has nearly 30 craft beers on tap and an elevated menu of bar food classics, like the Pork Belly Burger and Loco Moco Poutine. Pool tables and flatscreens abound at Brewske's, a cross between a sports bar and an Irish pub. Or pop into local favorite Distill Bar, with eight locations, all open 24 hours with video poker, the two indicators of a true spot for Vegas locals. Distill also have an extensive menu of gourmet burgers to pair with your brew.
- Scenic Brewing, 8410 W. Desert Inn Rd., 702.946.8777
- 595 Craft and Kitchen, 4950 S. Rainbow Blvd., #100, 702.586.1050
- Distill - A Local Bar, 4140 S. Durango Dr., 702.248.3700
- Brewske's, 3645 S. Durango Dr., 702.242.8554
There's a shop for everything but the ones in Spring Valley trend towards curated thrift stores and gaming cafes. Pop into Boarding School Games to pick out your next tabletop adventure or stock up on old-school collectibles. Are you looking to amp up your personal style? Closet Couture and Fashion 4 Change feature women's high-end fashion consignment. Tokyo Discount offers exotic snacks, skincare and fun gear for Kawaii and anime fans.
- Boarding School Games, 3655 S. Durango Dr., #10, 702.677.7350
- Closet Couture, 3650 S. Jones Blvd., #8, 702.685.7900
- Fashion 4 Change, 8320 W. Sahara Ave., #160, 702.247.1230
- Tokyo Discount, 4960 S. Fort Apache Rd., # 470, 702.227.3027
Spring Valley has endless options for group activities. Head outdoors to Desert Breeze Park if the weather is nice, with multiple trails and sports fields over 240 acres and an adjacent aquatic center. Head indoors and conquer the challenge of an escape room at EscapeAbility, enjoy some time on the ice or relax and channel your inner Monet at Board & Brush Creative Studio, an art studio for fun DIY pieces.
- Desert Breeze Park, 8275 Spring Mountain Rd., 702.455.8200
- Las Vegas Ice Center, 9295 W. Flamingo Rd., UNIT 130, 702.320.7777
- ESCAPEability, 3100 S. Durango Dr., #106, 702.478.9911
- Board & Brush Creative Studio, 4790 S. Fort Apache Rd., C, 702.545.6517