Centennial Hills, nestled on the northwest side of Vegas, is a thriving area with restaurants, bars and shops galore. There’s a wide range of cuisines and cultures represented in this area, and it’s a trendy area for local chains to open a new outpost.
Wake up and treat yourself to a fresh stack at Babystacks Cafe, a breakfast and lunch joint with creative takes on classic dishes. The restaurant’s Hawaiian origins are hinted at with specials like the “Kahlua Benedict” and “Spam Scramble.” Try Lemongrass & Lime Thai Bistro; its classic and modern interpretations of traditional dishes and street food are next-level comfort food. Feeling health-conscious? Market Grille Cafe’s authentic menu of Mediterranean fare is bright, fresh and colorful, and the restaurant has won multiple local awards. If you can dream it up, the guys at Metro Pizza can make it into a pie! With multiple crusts and styles from NY classic to Sicilian squares, it’s the perfect place to go with a group.
- Babystacks Cafe, 7090 N. Durango Dr., #140, 702.906.1946
- Lemongrass & Lime Thai Bistro, 8431 Farm Rd., #130, 702.566.4727
- Market Grille Cafe, 7070 N. Durango Dr., 702.396.0070
- Metro Pizza, 6720 Sky Pointe Dr., 702.564.6726
Channel your inner shopaholic at local boutiques Called to Surf and Pink Desert, both showcasing trendy but modern styles made by women for women. Prefer a treasure hunt for your fashion finds? Dog Junkies Thrift Store is your place, where sales of their new, used, and vintage goods support a local dog rescue organization. Or just feed your sweet tooth in the famous black-and-white striped See’s Candies shop, stocked with American-made candies and chocolates.
- Called to Surf, 5643 Centennial Center Blvd., Ste. 130, 702.656.6562
- Pink Desert, 7901 W. Tropical Pkwy. Ste. #140, 725.214.6148
- Dog Junkies Thrift Store, 4324 N. Decatur Blvd., 702.778.2558
- See’s Candies, 7120 N. Durango Dr., Ste. #C-130, 725.216.1819
Lady Luck will be on your side if you head to Lucky’s Lounge, an Official Vegas Golden Knights Watch Zone location, to watch the game with fellow fans. It’s also a legit place to hang even without a game, with one of the best happy hours in town. Shuck’s is perfect for slurping on some oysters or chowing down on chowder with your drink of choice from the full bar. They’re also open 24 hours a day, like all the best local spots. Kopper Keg, a cozy bar resembling a hunting lodge complete with pool tables, makes a good evening hang spot with a community of welcoming regulars who will tell you all about the best places in the city.
- Lucky’s Lounge, 8025 Farm Rd., 702.212.6639
- Shucks Gaming & Oyster Bar, 7155 N. Durango Dr., 702.651.6227
- Kopper Keg, 8725 W. Deer Springs Way, 702.933.4893
- PT’s Gold, 7550 Oso Blanca Rd., 702.840.3884
Remember the good old days, where we played outside? Thunderbird Family Sports Complex has sports fields and playgrounds to channel your inner child. Head inside for board games and card tricks at Atomic Trading and Shall We Play?, two local gaming cafes where you can round up a group of strangers and turn them into friends. Eight months out of the year, Vegas has fantastic weather. Take advantage of the cooler temperatures at Gilcrease Orchard by picking your own fresh fruits and vegetables or staging a seasonal photoshoot. Stop by their farm stand to grab some apple cider and nut butters before you head home.
- Viper Lacrosse Fields Family Sports Complex, 6105 N. Durango Dr., 702.229.6297
- Atomic Trading, 8011 N. Durango Dr., #110, 702.207.2313
- Shall We Play? The Games & More Store, 7575 Norman Rockwell Ln., Ste. 130, 702.721.7974
- Gilcrease Orchard, 7800 N. Tenaya Way, 702.409.0655