Check out the Bishop Arts District for a town-square-like shopping atmosphere featuring artistic treasures and eclectic gifts. Known as the mothership for hipsters and the avant-garde, the Bishop Arts District makes the hearts of artists flutter.
Highlights and Tips:
- Make the most of a quick trip to the neighborhood by starting at the Wild Detectives or Espumoso Caffé for a cozy, energizing cup of espresso or tea; both are centrally located to the district's shops and restaurants so you're a quick walk from pretty much anywhere.
- Explore various independent retailers along Bishop Avenue and Davis Street: For apparel, hit Neighborhood, Strut or Epiphany; for gifts and home décor ranging from funky to contemporary, peruse Bishop Street Market, Fete-ish and Society.
- For vintage (or just cool stuff in general), head to M’antiques. Or, get inspired by the modern and surreal at Ginger Fox Gallery and browse Fox's collection of local art.
- If you're hungry, quick options include Bolsa Mercado and Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. Noteworthy sit-down restaurants include Eno's Pizza Tavern, Hattie's and Oddfellows.
- For a relaxing dose of Dallas' local vibe, enjoy a round of pool or watch the game at Oak Cliff Social Club.
- Don't forget to stop at Emporium Pies for a slice of heavenly goodness to go.