Go A Little Overboard At Navy Pier!
It's where fun lives large, whether you're a visitor or local, with family or friends. As a nonprofit organization, the People's Pier offers a diverse and eclectic range of activities and experiences that ignite the imagination, stimulate the senses and allow your spirit to soar. From recreation to relaxation & entertainment to education, Navy Pier offers activities & experiences for all.
Cultural Attractions & Public Spaces
- Chicago Children's Museum: There are so many ways to play at Chicago Children’s Museum at Navy Pier!
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater: Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST) is a leading international theater company and the recipient of the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
- East End Plaza: The best place on the Pier to soak in unparalleled Lake Michigan and city views.
- Miller Lite Beer Garden: From May through October, the Miller Lite Beer Garden on Navy Pier is Chicago’s go-to destination for free, live, outdoor music performances.
- Peoples Energy Welcome Pavillion: Part resource center, part relaxing oasis. Stop by the People's Energy Welcome Pavilion for more information about Navy Pier or to just simply relax.
- Polk Bros Park: Open to the public, relax and unwind or catch a free event at Polk Bros Park.
- The Crystal Gardens: The Crystal Gardens is a beautiful indoor, one‐acre, botanical garden open to the public and available for private events.
Eat & Drink
From Pilsen to Wrigleyville to Lincoln Square and everywhere in between, our restaurants offer guests authentic Chicago food in one of the most iconic venues in the city. Whether you are looking for a quick bite or an upscale night on the town, there’s no wrong way to experience the flavors of Chicago at Navy Pier.
Whether you are looking for a cool t-shirt, a toy or souvenir your family has not seen before or a one-of-a-kind collectible for your home, shopping in Chicago is more dynamic and delightful at Navy Pier than anywhere else in the city. Our diverse directory of on-site shops, stores and kiosks feature the Chicago-centric creations of local artisans and companies that offer the highest quality products at excellent value. These unexpected discoveries are sure to make you say, “I have to have this!”
Navy Pier will reopen spring of 2021.
General operating hours and admission vary depending on the seasons and may be subject to change. Regular Navy Pier hours of operation apply to most merchants, including all retail shops and food court eateries. We encourage Navy Pier guests to contact full-service restaurants, boats and theaters regarding their extended operating hours. There is no admission fee to enter Navy Pier. Attractions within Navy Pier may have admission prices and those prices can be obtained from each individual attraction’s box office.