WILD BLUE ROPES ADVENTURE PARK – CHARLESTON, SC’S ULTIMATE OUTDOOR ATTRACTION
At Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park Charleston, there is no limit to fun. Our adventure park offers a varied selection of outdoor ropes courses for guests of all ages and abilities. From exploring your limits and pushing your boundaries, to challenging your capabilities to their utmost, we have a ropes course for you to tackle in a group or by yourself! Our adventure park is perfect for team building, class trips, birthday parties, and as an after school program. We test your physical capabilities and coach you in developing group problem-solving skills in ways that other outdoor activities just can't match. We want to add some excitement to your day, but we also want to challenge you physically and mentally as you puzzle your way through our high ropes courses.
The Explorer's Getaway is perfect for young children or beginners, and the perfect entry to the adventure park. It is a great choice for those looking to learn a little bit more about how a ropes course works. Providing as many runs as desired in one hour of climb time, easy to navigate, balance, and climb, participants can make their way through the 15-foot high course made up of 7 featured obstacles in a continuous loop.
The WBR high ropes Challenge Course features 72 suspended obstacles up to 35 feet high, and offers you a challenge based on where you choose to move throughout the obstacles. You don’t have to be a Cross-Fit Warrior or a Rugged Maniac to embrace the Challenge Course experience. The Wild Blue Challenge Course is made up of three difficulty levels ranging from beginner to expert. Some of the obstacles just take sheer grit to cross, while others may test your balance or spatial skills.
The Ninja-Fit course is a separate, ground-based fitness course. This is great for CrossFit, parkour, strength, and OCR training. This course also functions as an outdoor gym that's perfect for these times when working out isn't always comfortable. Based on obstacle courses and challenges seen on the popular TV show American Ninja Warrior, this experience is purposefully designed to improve endurance, agility, grip strength, coordination, speed, and stamina.
Wild Blue Ropes launched in May 2014. Why? Simple. We were seeking to fill a void in the local Charleston recreation scene. So we created a unique area attraction servicing people of all ages and abilities, staffed by a passionate, professional, and fun team. Since then we’ve worked with countless schools, teams, businesses, individuals, and organizations, providing distinctive and customized outdoor programs. It’s been a time of incredible growth and learning, fueled by our interactions with Charleston locals as well as the varied visitor to the Holy City – and our ropes course.
Whether you’re traveling to Charleston for vacation or looking for a family fun activity here at home, Wild Blue Ropes is a perfect outdoor adventure that strives to provide a memorable experience for all ropes park visitors. Ultimately we here at Wild Blue think climbing is a perfect recreational experience – but please don’t just take our word for it. Come out to Wild Blue Ropes and try it for yourself!
INSPIRE. MOTIVATE. CHALLENGE.
Nestled among historic grand oak trees on Charleston’s James Island neighborhood, Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park is a one-of-a-kind outdoor experience. WBR adds to the city’s recreational landscape, by offering various outdoor adventure activities and employs a challenge by choice philosophy.
Wild Blue Ropes offers visitors plenty of active, healthy, fresh air adventures in the beautiful SC Lowcountry. The Wild Blue Crew are fully trained to ensure that each participant is kept safe and receives attentive and friendly service. Health and safety are the number one priority of the WBR team. As we navigate the new coronavirus normal together, we here at Wild Blue have made some changes to keep you active, engaged, and outside at our Lowcountry adventure park. These enhanced procedures are intended to reduce potential risk to our guests and our employees associated with COVID-19. We are strictly adhering to advice from the CDC, as well as Gear Manufacturers’ recommendations regarding cleaning / sanitizing during COVID 19. We have worked hard to put protocols in place to accommodate our guests in a reasonable and responsible way.
In addition to our modified operations plan, we have reduced high-touch surfaces, enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and implemented the following changes:
- Waiver’s should be filled out before arrival at Wild Blue Ropes. Waivers are available online here, via computer or smartphone. These waivers have been UPDATED so everyone must fill out a new waiver (even if you have climbed at WBR before).
- All technical equipment including harnesses and helmets will be cleaned and dried between uses.
- We’ve increased regular and ongoing cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- Modified operating schedule to allow adequate time for increased cleaning protocols.
- Limiting facility capacity to manage interactions and support appropriate physical distancing.
- Patrons are asked to practice safe social distancing on the course as well as the adventure park grounds.
- Annual Pass holders are encouraged to pre schedule their visit.
- We ask that all guests regularly wash hands and apply hand sanitizer especially before and after interacting with high-touch surfaces.
- In accordance with recommendations to minimize the risk of droplet-transmission, Wild Blue employees will be wearing masks. We highly encourage all guests to wear a mask anytime during their visit when adequate physical distancing of 6ft or more cannot be achieved.
- While we respect climbers of all ages and abilities, we do request that our most vulnerable populations, as well as seniors, do not climb with us at this time.
- Please do not come climb with us if you are not feeling well, or experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms.
We understand the importance of getting outdoors, after all this time being isolated. Spending active time outdoors is proven to relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and boost feelings of happiness and wellbeing. We are excited to have you join us for many outdoor adventures in 2021 at Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park.