Update: The deadline for entering the Where contest on Pinterest has now passed. Thank you to everyone who entered. A winner will be announced soon.
Fashion and travel go hand-in-hand. There's limited room in that suitcase and you only zip up your favorite pieces to come along for the ride. You need that great scarf for the windy city of Chicago, couture sunglasses to block the rays in L.A., a bright sundress for the beach in Miami and the perfect European outfit for exploring the streets of Paris.
It's understandable. We love fashion, too. That's why September is our favorite month of the year: it's fashion month. To celebrate, we've featured fashion icon John Varvatos on this month's cover (much like our past covers with Tim Gunn, Trina Turk and Rachel Zoe).
Now we want to hear from you. We're kicking off this year's fashion month with our Pin It to Win It "Where Travel Style" competition, presented by Where and Macy's. Pin a wardrobe for your dream trip and you could win a $100 Macy's gift card to get you started shopping and celebrating all things fashion. But don't stop with just pinning your destination and a basic wardrobe: Add iPad covers, laptop handbags, sunglasses or any fashion-forward item that would be the perfect complement for that trip.
It’s easy to enter, just follow these steps:
- Follow WhereTraveler on Pinterest.
- Create a board titled "Where Travel Style"
- Pin the "Pin it to Win it" image above.
- Pin your dream destination and then pin your perfect travel wardrobe.
- Go crazy with creative ideas and inspiration!
- Add your board's link to the comments of this photo on Pinterest.
The winner will be chosen by our editors based on creativity and the board's composition, and they are looking for the most inspired board out there. The winner will be contacted via Pinterest. (For more details, see the complete rules posted below.)The competition ends Sept. 30, 2013, so get pinning!
To get those juices flowing, check out this example our team member Jen put together for her dream trip to Santorini, Greece:
And here's what our marketing director Melissa is dreaming about (Italy!):
Now that you're inspired and before you go pinning, here are the full legal rules and requirements, which is everything you've heard above, except written in a legal and binding manner:
The Where Pinterest Contest
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
How to Enter: Go to Pinterest and create a Pinterest board titled “Where Travel Style” and when completed submit it to the commnets of this pin. You must be a member of Pinterest.com to enter, and you must be following WhereTraveler’s Pinterest page, www.pinterest.com/wheretraveler. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can sign up for one from Pinterest directly: www.pinterest.com.
Full steps for entering:
• Follow WhereTraveler on Pinterest
• Create a board titled "Where Travel Style"
• Pin the "Pin it to Win it" image (located atop this blog post and also located here).
• On your “Where Travel Style” Pinterest board, pin your dream destination and then pin your perfect travel wardrobe and any accessories you’d pack, and even what you’d pack them in.
• Add your board's link to the comments of the Pin It to Win It image on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/pin/234750199300047614/
• All entries must be received by 12 midnight Eastern time on Sept. 30, 2013. Entry is accepted once your board's link has been added to the comments of Where's Pin it to Win it image.
Winner Selection: All entries, consisting of your entire board, will be judged by a panel of Where editors. The winner will be chosen by our editors based on creativity and board composition: including a dream destination and your dream travel wardrobe for that trip; also include any wardrobe accessories, bags, suitcases, any other stylish items you’d love to take with you. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
Prize: The prize is a $100 Macy’s gift card. The potential winner will be notified by a Pinterest comment on or about October 5th, 2013 and must respond via email address provided with contact information within 48 hours from notification or an alternate potential winner will be selected.
1. ENTRIES: Limit (1) one entry per person for contest (referred to as the “Promotion”). Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries after September 30th 2013 will not be accepted and will not be considered as a potential winner. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada who have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence at time of entry. Void in Quebec Province and void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
3. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Georgia, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Georgia law, without reference to Georgia’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto; and (5) the Sponsor reserves the right to change the rules and void contest where prohibited.
4. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Morris Visitor Publications, LLC. 699 Broad Street STE 500, Augusta, GA 30901
- Add To Trip +
- Added 08/15/13
- Added to 0 Trips