Chicago Shopping: Candyality
This adorable shop features all the candy you ever loved as a kid—plus a tower of by-the-pound M&Ms and grown-up gourmet chocolates. When you check out, be sure to ask for your “candyality” to find out what your candy choices say about your personality. Don’t forget to grab some blue, red and white Cubbie gummie bears.
These events are happening near our Open M-F 11 am-8 pm; Sa 10 am-7 pm; Su 11 am-6 pm. 3425 N. Southport Ave., location:
- 0.83 miles SE - Adler After Dark / Adler Planterium / Third Thursdays / Each month Adler After Dark reinvents itself with a new and exciting theme, so there is something new to discover and experience. Great for groups and makes for a very original first date, Adler After Dark has something for everyone! A cash bar and full cafe menu is available. Check the website for the month’s theme.
- 1.18 miles SE - Midwest Film Festival / 2828 N. Clark St. / Every first Tuesday / The Midwest Independent Film Festival is dedicated to the Midwest filmmaker. Every first Tuesday of the month at Landmark Century Centre Cinema.
These events are happening near our open M-Sa 10 am-8 pm; Sun 11 am-6 pm. The Shops at North Bridge, 520 N. Michigan Ave., 3rd level, location:
- 0.72 miles S - Millennium Park Summer Film Series / Millennium Park-Jay Pritzker Pavilion / Tuesdays, June 4 - August 20, 2013 / A new film series featuring free offerings this summer at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park, officially kicks off on Tuesday, June 18 with a brief tribute to Roger Ebert, honoring Chicago’s Pulitzer Prize winning film critic, and screening the musical “Chicago”. See website for movies being shown.
- 0.72 miles S - Millennium Park - Workouts / Millennium Park-Great Lawn / Saturdays, June 8 through Sept. 7 / Participate in energizing workouts on the Great Lawn. Supported by McDonald’s® and presented by the DCASE, these free workout sessions will be held from 7 am to 11 am. Workouts are 45 minutes long with classes in Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates and Zumba®. See the website for the schedule of classes.
- 0.72 miles S - Millennium Park Presents Navy Band Great Lakes Summer Concert / Millennium Park-Jay Pritzker Pavilion / Sunday, July 7, 2013 / Known as “America’s Band,” Navy Band Great Lakes’ Wind Ensemble will perform a patriotic concert, marking the Independence Day holiday and commemorating the bicentennials of the War of 1812 and the Star Spangled Banner. Navy Band Great Lakes is an Active Duty military band located at nearby Naval Station Great Lakes
These events are happening near our open M-Sa 10 am-9 pm; Su 11 am-6 pm. Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave., 7th level, location:
- 0.26 miles SE - Auditorium Theatre Tour / 50 E. Congress Parkway / Mondays and Thursdays / Tour the magnificent Auditorium Theatre and marvel at the art and architecture of Dankmar Adler and Louis Sullivan.
- 0.34 miles NE - Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door / Art Institute of Chicago / Saturday, June 1, 2013–Monday, September 2, 2013 / Over the course of the past 25 years, Cuban-born American artist Abelardo Morell has become internationally renowned for works that employ the language of photography to explore visual surprise and wonder. This exhibition of over 100 works made from 1986 to the present is the first retrospective of Morell’s photographs in 15 years. Showing a range of works and series—including many newer color photographs never exhibited before—the exhibition reveals how this persistently creative artist has returned to a photographic vocabulary as a source of great inspiration.
- 0.36 miles NE - Millennium Park Summer Film Series / Millennium Park-Jay Pritzker Pavilion / Tuesdays, June 4 - August 20, 2013 / A new film series featuring free offerings this summer at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park, officially kicks off on Tuesday, June 18 with a brief tribute to Roger Ebert, honoring Chicago’s Pulitzer Prize winning film critic, and screening the musical “Chicago”. See website for movies being shown.